Saturday, July 30, 2016

Can I Love You?



Can I think of you, if you don't mind getting hiccups?
Can I sing for you, if you don't mind lying for my not sweet voice?
Can I hold your hands, if you don't mind being my heaven?

Can I dive in your eyes, if you don't mind being my lifeguard?
Can I keep mum, if you don't mind reading my eyes?
Can I be myself, if you don't my silliness?
Can I come in your thoughts, if you don't mind remembering me?

Can I smile for you, if you won't mind loving that sight?
Can I come in your dreams, if you won't mind smiling on waking up?
Can I rest my head upon your shoulders, if you don't mind getting tired?

Can I live for you, if you don't mind my love for you?
Can I love you, if you don't mind getting infected with my love?
Can I expect you not to neglect my feelings, even if you don't love me?
Can I keep writing poems for you, if they don't bore you?

Written By - Shruti Verma
Edited By - Guy In The Blue Jean

12 comments:

  1. Wow! Such a soulful poem, though it is a bit sad, but while reading I could connect to it, it is really amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wohoo... That was intense, obviously can take back a person down the memory lanes... If not at all instances, a few of them for sure...good work.. Keep it up gal :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can i admire, adore your Poem’s, even if you write for someone else

    ReplyDelete